Treasures Of The South – Puglia & Amalfi Coast
6 Days / 5 Nights – Rome – Naples – Pompeii – Sorrento (2 Nights) – Capri – Positano – Amalfi – Salerno Area (1 Night) – Matera –Alberobello (2 Nights) – Lecce – Ostuni –Bari – Benevento – Rome
Travel with SITA to discover the Treasures of Southern Italy. Travel to the Amalfi coast and its gateway, Sorrento. In the 19th century, poet Lord Byron made Sorrento one of the must visit places in Italy. The beauty of Amalfi Coast is legendary and has inspired artists, writers, and musicians over the century, widely considered Italy’s most scenic stretch of coastline. From there travel East to the Apulia region, the “heel of Italy”. Known for its coastline along the Adriatic and Ionian Seas, its picturesque villages, history, traditions, vineyards, and olive trees.
Day 1 – Sunday – Rome – Naples – Pompeii – Sorrento
Departure from Destination Italia Sightseeing office at 7:30 a.m.. Upon arrival in Naples, walk around the city centre, discovering Piazza del Plebisicito, Palazzo Reale, Galleria Umberto I and Teatro San Carlo.Lunch in a local restaurant to taste authentic Neapolitan pizza. Proceed to Pompeii for the guided tour of the archaeological excavations. This ancient Roman city was destroyed when Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD and buried it, preserving it under a sea of volcanic ash for nearly 1700 years. Enjoy a stop in a cameos and coral shop. Transfer to Sorrento, famous for its picturesque old town centre and characteristic fisherman’s village of Marina Grande, one of the most authentic treasures of the city. Check-in at the hotel, dinner and overnight stay. Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Day2 – Monday – Sorrento – Capri – Sorrento
Breakfast in the hotel and departure at 7:30 a.m. for the port of Sorrento. Meet the guide and sail to Capri by hydrofoil. After arriving at the island, enjoy a boat trip to the Blue Grotto (weather permitting). Continue by minibus to Anacapri and have lunch at a local restaurant. Then reach the legendary Piazzetta, heart of the island. Return to the port to head back to Sorrento. Dinner and overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3 – Tuesday – Sorrento – Positano – Amalfi – Salerno Area
Breakfast in the hotel. Transfer from Sorrento to Salerno area with en route stop in Positano and Amalfi and time at leisure to discover these two pearls of the Amalfi Coast. Check-in at the hotel. Dinner and overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 4 – Wednesday Salerno Area – Matera – Alberobello
Breakfast in the hotel and departure for Matera. Guided tour of the City of Stones, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In the early afternoon, proceed to Alberobello and taste the local olive oil from Puglia in the stunning village, known throughout the world for its famous ‘trulli’ (dry stone huts). Check-in at the hotel. Dinner at leisure and overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast
Day 5 – Thursday Alberobello – Lecce – Ostuni – Alberobello
Breakfast in the hotel and departure for a trip to Lecce and Ostuni. First stop in beautiful Lecce, with a guided tour to discover the pearl of Puglia’s baroque architecture. Proceed to Ostuni, also known as the White City because of its characteristic old town centre, once completely whitewashed. Upon arrival, a ride in an Ape Calessino, a typical threewheel vehicle. Return to the hotel. Dinner at leisure and overnight stay. Meals: Breakfast
Day 6 – Friday – Alberobello – Bari – Benevento – Rome
Breakfast in the hotel and departure for Bari. Time at leisure to explore the old city, hidden within ancient walls and tasting of typical products. Proceed to Benevento, stop at the factory where the famous Strega liqueur is produced. Departure for Rome, with arrival scheduled for late evening (with drop-off guaranteed at Viale Washington, Viale Luigi Einaudi / Termini Area and Via Ludovisi). Meals: Breakfast
*Terms & Conditions:
- Travel Period: this offer is valid for all the departure dates scheduled for April – May – June 2020.
- Booking Window: this offer applies to all the reservations confirmed from Feb 5, 2020, to Feb 29, 2020.
- This special offer does not apply to reservations already confirmed.
- Special rates are valid for accommodation in DBL Room only.
- Change of dates and names not allowed.
Send This Tour To A Friend
- 2 Nights in a 4* hotel in Sorrento
- 1 Night in a 4* hotel Salerno area
- 2 Nights in a 4* hotel in Alberobello
- 5 American buffet breakfast
- 1 Lunch to taste a Neapolitan pizza (drinks not included)
- 1 Lunch in a local restaurant in Capri (drinks not included)
- 2 Dinners in Sorrento (drinks not included)
- 1 Dinner at the hotel in Salerno area (drinks not included)
- 1 Olive oil tasting in Alberobello
- 1 Tasting of typical products in Bari
- Guided tour of Pompeii, Matera and Lecce
- Guided tour of Capri, including the Blue Grotto (sea conditions permitting)
- Visit of Naples, Positano, Amalfi, Alberobello, Ostuni and Bari with tour leader
- Ride in an Ape Calessino in Ostuni
- Transportation by air conditioned bus
- 1 Luggage + 1 hand bag per passenger is permitted
- Multilingual tour leader
*If the minimum number of participants is not met, the first part of the tour may be operated as a semi-escorted, the tour leader will meet with the group on day 3only for the departure from Sorrento.
- City tax not included and is to be paid directly at the hotels
We welcome hearing from you! Feel free to call or simply Email us with any questions you may have.